- POPIA defines personal information as “information which relates to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person”. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, sex, gender, address, contact details, identity number and medical or health information.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you and any other person whose details you provide to us in accordance with the relevant laws, either:
- Directly from you when you complete a customer information form and/or supply contract or terms and conditions in anticipation of supply of our products and services, electronically, telephonically or by way of a hard copy; and
- Indirectly from you when you interact with us electronically by way of our website, apps, or social media channels, which may include the collection of metadata (data about data);
- COLLECTION OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES
- Owners or information system administrators of third-party websites that have links to the EASIGAS website, may collect personal information about you when you use these links.
- EASIGAS also uses certain social networking services such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and Twitter to communicate with the public and EASIGAS customers and to market its product. When you communicate with EASIGAS through these services, that social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of our digital channels on those pages where the links are displayed. If you are logged into those services (including any Google service) while using our digital channels, their tracking will be associated with your profile with those service providers. These services have their own privacy policies which are independent of EASIGAS’ privacy policies and practices. Please ensure that you folly acquaint yourself with the terms of any such third-party privacy policies and practices.
- EASIGAS will only provide data to third-party information exchange services with your consent.
- WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information, such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, phone number, Identity number and copy of ID, bank details, and financial information (such as financial statements) which you provide to us when you require supply of our product and services, and for purposes of customer on-boarding on our systems or contract negotiations.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- EASIGAS contracts with third parties (such as transporters, maintenance technicians, marketing agents, legal advisors, auditors and insurers), however we do not authorize any of the contracted third parties to make use of your information in any other way except for purposes agreed with you (i.e. to deliver product and services/folfil our contractual obligations with you and for purposes of audit and record keeping).
- To the extent permissible under applicable laws, EASIGAS may use your information:
- to provide you with product and services (delivery and supply), and maintain our relationship with you;
- to conclude and administer your customer application and onboarding, which may include credit vetting;
- to execute a transaction in accordance with your request (invoicing);
- to meet our contractual obligations with you or take steps necessary for the conclusion of a contract with you (e.g. maintenance of equipment and delivery);
- to comply with legislative and regolatory requirements, including codes of conduct and requirements of our regolators (such as Department of Energy);
- to undertake credit reference searches and/or verification;
- for the detection and prevention of unlawfol activity, fraud, money-laundering and loss, including as part of party due diligence required under applicable laws and in terms of EASIGAS’ code of ethics and policies;
- for debt recovery or debt tracing;
- to execute the EASIGAS’ strategic initiatives;
- to record and/or monitor and have access to telephone calls with us (i.e. voice recordings), correspondence and electronic communications to/with us (or any of our employees, agents or contractors) in order to accurately carry out your instructions and requests, to use as evidence in the event of order disputes;
- for audit and record-keeping purposes;
- for purposes of proof and legal proceedings;
- to enhance your experience when interacting with EASIGAS and to help us improve our offerings to you;
- to conduct market research and provide you with information about our product and services from time to time via email, telephone or other means (for example, invite you to events);
- to process your marketing preferences (where you have unsubscribed from certain direct marketing communications, keeping a record of your information and request to ensure that we do not send such direct marketing to you again); and
- For any purpose related to and compatible with the above
- The information may be used by us to notify you and to folfil our contractual obligations.
- EASIGAS may share or disclose your information with third parties if there is a legitimate reason to do so, such as for purposes indicated in paragraph 5 above.
- EASIGAS may also disclose your personal information when/if lawfolly required to do so:
- to comply with any relevant legislation;
- to comply with any legal process; and
- by any regolatory authority (for example, the Competition Commission, or Auditors of any Regolator or Authority).
- We use reasonable precautions, including appropriate technical, administrative, and physical procedures to try and protect collected personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration. EASIGAS.com may contain links to websites owned and operated by unaffiliated third parties. These links are provided as a service to you and they do not constitute EASIGAS’s endorsement or support of those third parties or their websites.
- Each third party’s website has its own information collection and usage practices, and we advise you to review their policies. EASIGAS is not responsible or liable for third party privacy practices or the content of third party sites. We are not responsible or liable for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
- Due to the design of the Internet and other factors beyond our control we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
- Any information you provide may be stored and maintained in a EASIGAS database, either housed at EASIGAS or with a third party vendor. In the case of a sale, change of ownership or merger involving EASIGAS or any parent, subsidiary or affiliated company, your information may be transferred to a third party.
Some of the persons to whom we disclose your personal information may be situated outside of the Republic of South Africa (RSA) in jurisdictions that may not have similar data protection laws to the RSA, however, we will not send your information to a country that does not have information protection legislation similar to that of the RSA, unless we have ensured that the recipient agrees to effectively adhere to the principles for processing of information in accordance with POPIA.
- EASIGAS intends to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information. EASIGAS has implemented appropriate technical and organisational information security measures to keep your information secure, accurate, current, and complete. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us online and you do so at your own risk.
- Where third parties are required to process your personal information in relation to the purposes set out in this Policy and for other lawfol requirements, we ensure that they are contractually bound to apply the appropriate security practices.
- Your personal information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regolatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
The Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) coupled with POPIA offer an individual the right to access information held by a public or private body in certain instances. We adhere to this requirement concerning your right to access information held by us.
In accordance with POPIA, you have a right to correct any of your personal information held by EASIGAS.
In accordance with POPIA, you may object to our processing of your personal information on reasonable grounds relating to your particolar situation, unless legislation provides for such processing.
- Where you provide your personal information to a EASIGAS marketing agent in the context of a sale of our product or services, you agree to such marketing agent sending you information on news, trends, services, events and promotions for our product and or services, always subject to your right to opt out of receiving such marketing at the time your information is collected and on each subsequent marketing communication thereafter. You may object to receiving direct marketing from EASIGAS at any time by contacting the EASIGAS Customer Service Centre on: 0800 001 504
- Where you choose to exercise your right to opt out of direct marketing, please allow up to 21 days for EASIGAS to effect that change.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (for example, a computer or smartphone) when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
What cookies do we use?
Some cookies which we use are essential to the functioning of our website. Some cookies help us with the performance and design of our website. This allows us to measure how many times a page has been visited, whether a page has been visited on the website through an advertisement or by other means. Other cookies help us to remember your settings which you may have selected or assist with other functionality when you browse and use our website. This helps us to remember what you have selected, so on your return visit – we remember your preferences.
How do I disable cookies?
If you do not want to receive a cookie from the website, you have the option of setting your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, so that you may determine whether to accept it or not. However, please be aware that if you do turn off ‘cookies’ in your browser, you will not be able to folly experience some of the features of the website. For example, you will not be able to benefit from automatic log-on and other personalisation features.
While few, if any, of EASIGAS’ websites are directed towards children, EASIGAS is committed to complying with all applicable laws aimed at the protection of children and in particolar the protection of their personal information.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this statement may be directed to Nomkhosi.firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
- Shoold you have a complaint or concern regarding the processing of your personal information, your complaint may be submitted to Nomkhosi.email@example.com
- EASIGAS (Pty) Ltd is the controlling company of the EASIGAS Group, and a licensed wholesaler under license number W/2009/0211
- Our head office’s registered address is Gate 5, Hibiscus Street, Alrode, Alberton 1451.
- For more information on EASIGAS, please visit our website: www.easigas.com.
Whereas we woold appreciate the opportunity to first address any complaints regarding our processing of your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Regolator, whose contact details are:
The Information Regolator (South Africa)
JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001
P.O. Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org